Whether you're buying or selling a home, your REALTOR® can help make your real estate transaction a successful one.
Your REALTOR® will be with you every step of the way throughout the transaction from start to finish.
When BUYING a home, a REALTOR®:
- Has the most information in one place about what is on the market,including homes listed by other REALTORS®. You won't waste time looking at unsuitable homes.
- Helps you determine how much home you can afford, how you can acquire the down payment and what financing options may be open to you.
- Can help you find the home best suited to your needs- size, style, features, location, accessibility to schools, transportation, shopping, etc.
- Can supply information on real estate values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities.
- Can suggest simple changes that could make a prospective home more suitable for you and improve its utility and value.
- Has no emotional ties to a home, can be objective about it and can point out its advantages and disadvantages.
- Acts as an agent between you and the seller to present offers and counter-offers until an agreement is reached.
- Is bound by a Code of Ethics and pledges to protect and promote the interest of the buyer by providing honest treatment for all parties involved in the transaction.
When SELLING a home, a REALTOR®:
- Is bound by a Code of Ethics and pledges to protect and promote the interests of the seller by providing honest treatment for all parties involved in the transaction.
- Is knowledgeable of the market and gives you the quickest exposure to the maximum number of buyers.
- Qualifies prospects as to their affordable price range and housing needs.
- Knows current real estate values and can help you set a realistic, competitive price. This skilled professional knows how to merchandise your home effectively.
- Is familiar with the local home-loan market and can help you determine whether seller-assisted financing may expedite your sale.
- Can figure the net proceeds from your sale, taking into account your outstanding loan balance, closing costs and possible owner financing.
- Can tap an even larger market through referrals and marketing techniques.
- Frees you from the problems associated with showing your home. The REALTOR® handles phone inquiries, appointments, showings and negotiations of the contract.
- Maintains objectivity in presenting offers and counter-offers.
- Can familiarize you with the closing procedures by explaining them all in advance.